Friday, January 24, 2020

LEGO set

As a kid, I played a lot with LEGO. And that memory made me think about a chess set made from LEGO. Turns out there are several of those! This is the one that is closest to the LEGO I played with as a child, when LEGO consisted mainly of building blocks in different shapes, sizes and colours.



LEGO chess sets are actually no longer on the market, which makes them quite expensive now. However, I did come across one which was already put together, so not in 'mint condition', which makes it less desirable to a LEGO collector, and so a lot cheaper. 



The pieces are quite nicely constructed, although moving them is a bit finicky, so it wouldn't be a set very suitable for actual play (which isn't my intention, so that's not an issue).



The building instructions for this particular set can be downloaded as pdf, so if I really wanted, I could always take it apart completely and build it up again ...



1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing these in stores when they were new, but they were always too pricey for me. I liked the look of them.

    ReplyDelete