Sunday, September 11, 2022

More basic xiangqi sets

Over time, I've picked up a bunch of basic xiangqi sets, and posted on a bunch of them here. Since then, I've added a couple more to the collection, so let me show these to you now. 

First up is a very cheap basic set, with a plastic film as board, and plastic pieces with metallic red / green writing.



Then there is an other magnetic portable set, this time with pieces shaped like small flat stones.



Another magnetic travel set, smaller than the one above, and with simple round yellow pieces



And then finally, a basic set from Vietnam, consisting of a standard paper board and plastic pieces. 


In Vietnam, xiangqi is called Co Tuong. According to one source, Co Tuong is identical in every way to xiangqi, but another source states it is 'mostly similar'. I've never come across any source specifying how Co Tuong differs from xiangqi, so my assumption is that it indeed is the same game under a different name. Unless I see evidence to the contrary, that is ...

No comments:

Post a Comment