Saturday, May 9, 2020

Transformers set

Given the success of the Transformers franchise, it's not surprising there is a Transformers chess set.












I must admit I've not seen any of the Transformers movies, but the chess set looked quite different from any other in my collection, so ....


Pieces are again made from a type of plastoy, and the two sides are Autobots (gold pieces) and Decepticons (silver pieces). All the pieces also have names (the silver queen is called Starscream, for instance), but not having seen any of the movies, those names mean nothing to me.


Each piece has the official symbol on its base, and that would be essential if I were ever to play a game with it, because it isn't obvious from looking at the pieces which is the rook, knight, bishop, etc.


So why did I get this set, you may wonder? As I said, it's different, and it didn't cost me much off eBay ...

No comments:

Post a Comment