Saturday, March 20, 2021

Mystery metal set

Saw this elegant metal chess set on eBay, and won the bidding with a pretty low max bid. It didn't come with a board, but I felt the slate and metal board I used for my skull set would be a good fit.


The pieces are quite heavy, and I assume the 'white' pieces are made from a copper alloy of some sort; I don't know about the 'black' pieces. 



The heads of the knights are silver-coloured; it looks original, but I can't really say for sure. It does give them some more character, though.



I have posted pictures of this set on several chess collectors Facebook groups, but haven't received any response (so far) as to where and when this set might have been made ... So if anyone reading this has any information, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment