Sunday, October 24, 2021

Four xiangqi sets on a bamboo board

Some time ago, I bought a bamboo board which had the lines for go on one side, and for xiangqi on the other. 


The 'go side' has already been used for Alea Evangelii, but, clearly, the 'xiangqi side' had to be used as well!

Over time, I collected four different xiangqi sets that, in my opinion, work well on the bamboo board. First one is a wooden set which I got from Masters Traditional Games. Set comes in a nice box, and consists of good quality wooden discs.




Second set I got off eBay, and is made of honey onyx. 



The third set is made of acrylic, and I got it from Amazon; again, the set comes in a nice box





And then the final of the four sets, also off eBay, made from porcelain, and coming in a 'wire cage box'.





Four nice additions to my collection of xiangqi sets, and I have no doubt there will be more sets in the future that fit well on the bamboo board.

No comments:

Post a Comment