Friday, May 24, 2019

Thunderbirds are GO!

I watched Thunderbirds as a kid, basically grew up with them. A Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary chess set pops up on eBay quite regularly, and for pretty low prices usually.


I resisted the temptation for quite a long time, but deep down inside I knew it was an itch I would have to scratch eventually ....


For less than a tenner (including p&p), you can't expect too much. Indeed, it's a pretty simple set, cardboard board and plastic moulded pieces, but nicely done. The pieces, light and dark silver, include a tiny symbol at their base of the chess piece they're meant to represent.


Very little creative input from me into this set, though I do feel that Thunderbird 1 is better as knight than as rook, whereas the opposite is the case for Thunderbird 2. So I swapped those two around on my board.


And, surely, Lady Penelope ought to be the queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment