Saturday, March 21, 2020

Matador & Flamenco set

Got this Spanish set off eBay for not very much. As far as I've been able to ascertain, it dates from the 1960s, or possibly 1950s.


The board is not original board, but one I had lying around and actually fits the pieces well.



It really is a nice set, with a matador as king and flamenco dancer as queen. The bulls acting as knights have a bit of a curious look on their faces ... By the way, let me assure you that me getting this set in no way means I endorse bull-fighting in any way (quite the contrary).



A few more of these sets have been listed on eBay recently. One sold for £150, whereas the starting bid for another one is a mere £395 .... It keeps being relisted, and I've got a watch on it, just because I'm curious someone will go for it. I most certainly wouldn't pay £395 for it, and I got mine for far less than £150!

No comments:

Post a Comment