Thursday, April 23, 2020

Karim Rashid set

Karim Rashid chess (and backgammon) sets are occasionally listed on eBay, mostly with prices that are way above what I would be willing to pay. I must admit, though, that I do like the look of the chess sets: very organic and flowing. So when a set was listed for a very low buy-it-now price, I pounced; don't think the seller knew what he/she was actually selling ...


The board is made from perspex and, to be honest, not anything special other than that the 'squares' are circles and the board is raised. But the pieces are a different story. They seem to be made from some sort of silicone, and are coloured fluorescent green and orange. 



As I said above, the design of the pieces is modern and flowing, and, I'll say it again, very organic. They're almost edible, reminding me of certain sweets.



Happy to have been able to add this set to the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment