Sunday, July 3, 2022

Xiangqi set for the garden

Saw a xiangqi set with large jade pieces on eBay for not very much, and I snapped it up. The set didn't come with  board, and, given the size of the pieces, it didn't fit on any of the boards I have. And that also meant that any board I'd buy or make would have to be quite large ... 


And then I had an idea .... Why not create a temporary board in the garden, on the garden table? After all, I'd already created a 'garden board' for my Royal Beasts set, so ... On top of that, the colour of the garden table would match the jade-green of the pieces nicely ...

Easy enough to create a board on the table using electrical tape.




Looks quite good with the pieces on it!





Not sure how long the tape will hold on the table; the first rain may well be the end of it, but a new grid is easily put in place again.


No comments:

Post a Comment