Sunday, December 29, 2019

Smurfs set

Did you know smurfs play chess? If not, you do now ...


I've always liked smurfs, and they've been around for my entire life, so when I saw a smurfs chess set for a very reasonable price ...


The board is basic cardboard, nothing special. But the pieces, made of plastoy, are very nicely done. Papa Smurf and Smurfette lead the white/red pieces, whereas the black/yellow pieces are led by their black-haired and black-capped counterparts.


I especially like the knights being represented by smurfs riding snails!


I do have a vague idea of creating a large board for them which is basically a smurf village: few smurf houses around the sides, a central fenced-off area featuring 64 squares, and lots of smurfs watching the imminent chess match. Maybe Gargamel lurking behind one of the smurf houses? One day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment