Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Metal & Malachite set

A number of years ago, when I got myself a board for Star Trek Tridimensional chess, I found a small set of classical style metal pieces to use on this board (and I quite liked the result of combining a futuristic board with classical pieces). The set also came with a circular board made of malachite, which I then put aside, and lost track of.

It so happens that I stumbled across it again, in the back of a cupboard!


So time to put the pieces on their home board again?


After the wooden travel set I got from one of my PhD students, this malachite board with metal pieces is the smallest in my collection. And the board, in all its malachite glory, is one of the most beautiful boards I have.



As you read this, the pieces are back on the tridimensional board, but there's of course nothing stopping me from using them on either board, as and when required.

No comments:

Post a Comment