Wednesday, February 26, 2020

A pair of Chess Bazaar replica chess sets

Two wooden replica chess set made by Chess Bazaar were listed almost simultaneously on eBay, both for very reasonable prices, and my 'buy-it-now' finger took the decision. Turned out they both came from the same seller, so I saved a bit of money on shipping costs.

First set is a replica of the ANRI Space Age set, and it fits perfectly on my 'Kasparov' board.




I really like the elegant shapes of the pieces.



Second set is a Chavet 'Karpov' replica set. Slightly larger and chunkier than the more elegant Space Age set, it didn't fit comfortably on the 'Kasparov' board, but my larger tournament board was perfect for it.




The pieces are quite heavy and really feel nice to handle.



By the way, both sets came with extra queens. Seller said he was glad the two sets remained together and went to a good home!



No comments:

Post a Comment